The National Coordinator of Women’s Lobby c/o Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation has organised an event on the 22 of November at the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Hall 5, Sofia.
The event will start at 10.00 until 2.00 pm
TOGETHER FOR RATIFICATION OF ISTANBUL CONVENTION
Friday, 22 November 2013
Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, Hall 5
- 10:00 – 10:15 Opening
Lazar Lazarov, Deputy Minister of Labour and Social Policy
Sabrie Sapundjieva, Deputy Minister of Justice /UC/
- 10:15 – 10:45 Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence - protection of victims and effective measures to prevent violence against women.
Genoveva Tisheva, Alliance for Protection against Domestic Violence
Plan of the Republic of Bulgaria to implement recommendation of the CEDAW Committee in relation to violence against women.
Irina Ivanova, Ministry of Labour and Social Policy
- 10:45 – 11:00 The EWL Barometer 2013
- Iliana Balabanova-Stoicheva, Bulgarian Platform of the EWL
- 11:00 – 11:30 Discussion. Closing remarks.
- Group photo of the participants.
The program in Bulgarian and English can be downloaded here.