Do you want to work for a Feminist Europe?
You are in the right place! The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest umbrella network of women’s organisations in the European Union, gathering over 2000 women’s associations. The EWL has members in 26 EU Member States, three official-candidate countries, Iceland, United Kingdom as well as 17 European-wide member organisations. The EWL campaigns for a feminist Europe, promoting women’s rights and equality between women and men in the European Union.
You could be the person we are looking for!
We are looking for a MEMBERSHIP OFFICER to ensure that the EWL and its member organisations actively contribute to our common feminist vision for Europe, through supporting effective governance and member development and networking as per EWL’s new Strategic Framework (2022-2026).
As an inclusive feminist organisation, we are seeking to build an organisation that represents Europe in all of its diversity. We believe candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds bring real added value to our existing feminist culture. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and marginalised groups, sexualities or nationalities to apply.
How to apply
Please read the instructions and the role description, necessary skills and attributes and conditions carefully before you apply. As we often receive a large number of applications, we will give priority to those who can demonstrate that they meet the criteria listed.
You are requested to submit to the European Women’s Lobby via email at email@example.com
• Your CV - two pages maximum in Word or PDF. Name your file as ’Last name_CV_MO’
• A maximum one-page cover letter outlining your motivation and your experience relevant to the role. Name your file as ’Last name_cover letter_ MO’
Please keep in mind that only applications transmitted via the correct procedure will be considered.
Please note that the deadline for applications has been extended until Sunday 19 February 2023 23:59 CET.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held from 1st March 2023.
A first interview round will be carried out online, through ZOOM. A second interview round will be in person at our office in Brussels the following week.
Role description summary
The Membership Officer (MO) has varied tasks, ranging from Members support, internal communication and support of organisation of meetings.
- Together with the Membership and Governance Coordinator, implement and monitor EWL’s Members’ Engagement Strategy;
- Support the planning, implementation, follow up of visits/meetings with members;
- Facilitate membership queries and applications;
- Support the development and implementation of members’ working structures;
- Support the development of a Young Women’s Engagement Plan for EWL with members and staff;
- Support the correspondence with members in the run up and follow up of the governing meetings;
- Oversee knowledge management of the EWL as an organisation;
- Work with the Programme Hub to ensure members’ engagement in EWL fundraising strategies and activities;
- Work with the Communications and Media Coordinator to develop communication actions in support of EWL policy, campaigns, and fundraising objectives, and Members’ work across Europe;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of smooth and efficient internal communication with EWL members.
The full job description is available here.
- Commitment to women’s rights and equality between women and men
- Demonstrated experience in membership based organisations, umbrella or NGO network (ideally on European level)
- At least 3 years relevant experience with 1 years in a network, movement building or membership service position
- Solid IT skills including database management, MS Excel, Outlook and Word, teleconference systems, intranet BackOffice management
- Use of online communication tools (skype, teams, zoom, online mailing systems…)
- Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills
- Experience in managing events: providing participating members with logistic support
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently while being an enthusiastic team player
- Reliable and diplomatic attitude
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential
Please refer to the Job Description for a full list of essential and preferred qualifications.
What we offer
- A great deal of personal autonomy, flexibility, and room for creativity and innovation
- A friendly and lively multicultural environment in a small team of dedicated feminists
- The possibility to contribute to the leadership of the governance of an umbrella movement organisation operating at EU level
- A gross salary of 3.465,70EUR / month plus benefits: 13th month, “pécule de vacances”, “double pécule de vacances”, pension (assurance groupe), hospitalisation insurance, lunch vouchers and reimbursement of local transportation
- A long-term contract under Belgian law starting from April 2023
- The possibility to gain firsthand knowledge of the governance and members’ development of an umbrella non-governmental organisation operating at EU level