The AGORA is an EWL programme that brings young feminists from all over Europe to Brussels for a 5-day gathering to discuss and explore feminism and learn from each other. Our next AGORA will take place from 4-8 September 2023 and we are now looking for candidates to take part.
The programme is open to young women aged between 18 and 30 (at the time of the AGORA) who are keen to connect with other young feminists. Through a 5-day participatory summer camp, we aim to create a space for young women to exchange, bridge gaps, inspire and be inspired, strengthen connections, reinforce skills and hear the voices of other young feminists. Our objective is to empower young women feminists in Europe to be activist leaders in a changing world by giving them a space to share experience, knowledge and ideas.
Is AGORA for you?
- Are you keen to connect with a diverse group of young feminists from across Europe?
- Are you interested in strengthening your knowledge and skills to advocate for women’s rights and gender equality and against violence against women?
- Are you keen to find out what young feminists are doing against inequality across Europe, and how you could work together?
- Are you keen to engage in highly participatory learning processes and willing to learn more about yourself, your talents and your work in this world?
- Do you want to be part of shaping future feminist strategies and campaigns in Europe?
- Do you agree with the values and mission of the European Women’s Lobby?
As an intersectional feminist organisation, we are committed to organising a summer camp that reflects and includes experiences that represent Europe in all of its diversity. As such, women of colour and from ethnic minority groups, women with disabilities, from the LGBTQI+ community and coming from marginalised groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
All interested candidates can apply using our online application form available here.
In the application form, we want to hear about your commitment to feminist activism and women’s rights, whether through general activism, volunteering or work experience, academia or any other activities. We are looking for passionate and dedicated young feminists with different experiences and backgrounds.
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 23 July 2023, midnight CET.
Find more information about this year’s AGORA Summer Camp here.
For any questions, please contact Caitlin Raph at email@example.com