The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is looking for a Consultant Web Designer(s) with graphic design skills to revamp the main EWL website and create a closed members’ space aimed at building the capacity for women’s civil society organisations. The engaged Consultant(s) will work with the Communications and Media Coordinator to develop an interactive, accessible and engaging website that will act as both a resource for women’s civil society organisations across Europe and a main source of information on matters relating to women’s rights and gender equality.
As an inclusive feminist organisation, we are seeking to build an organisation that represents Europe in all of its diversity. We believe candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds bring real added value to our existing feminist culture. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and marginalised groups, sexualities or nationalities to apply: for example candidates from ethnic minority groups, people with disabilities, people with caring responsibilities etc.
The purpose of this tender is to select consultants with experience in creating and managing websites in order to migrate the EWL website (www.womenlobby.org) to a new, more modern, user-friendly and up-to-date WordPress website. The EWL aims to work in coordination with the selected consultant(s) to develop an interactive, fully accessible webpage that informs, educates and motivates users to engage in women’s right issues from their organisational and/or individual perspectives.
The consultant(s) will, under the supervision and guidance of the EWL Communications team:
• Develop and design the new EWL website in WordPress;
• Transfer all content from the previous EWL websites to the new one;
• Develop a closed members’ area with a discussion board, calendar, document library and a response-collection option;
• Maintain EWL website and intervene when assistance is needed.
Main needs and requirements are outlined in the Call for applications.
Participation in the tendering procedure
Interested candidates are requested to submit a tender to the European Women’s Lobby via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to include:
- A comprehensive budget overview broken down into different categories that allow to have a comprehensive understanding of the project costs;
- A document responding to the call which outlines: your experience in web management, samples of your work and highlights any related experience working with civil society organisations.
The quote will be submitted to EWL with the VAT (if applicable).
The quote price should include all applicable national costs from the Service Provider home country they are based in or where their consultancy is registered (such as social security contributions, administrative costs…), which will be borne by the Service Provider.
Please include in the e-mail subject line: “Tender for Consultant Web Designer”. Closing date for applications is 15 August 2023 EOB.
We encourage applicants to carefully take note of our guidelines and instructions to ensure your application will be considered. Offers not provided in writing via email before the deadline will not be considered.
The key dates of this call for tender are the following:
- 15 August 2023 => Deadline for the submission of applications
- 16 August 2023 – 1 September 2023 => Candidate interviews and selection
- 1 September 2023 => Provisional starting date
Tender qualitative evaluation criteria
In non-preferential order, the evaluation criteria used to assess the quality of the applications is the following:
• Quality of the proposed services and alignment with the EWL’s needs;
• Assurance mechanisms proposed by the tenderer to ensure the production of a timely and high-quality service;
• A cost proposal;
• Methodology and availability to communicate with the EWL staff throughout the process.
Applicants must be able to work in English.
Please read the Call for applications for more information about main requirements, payment and terms and conditions.
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest umbrella organisation of women’s associations in the European Union, gathering over 2000 women’s associations. The EWL has members in 26 EU Member States, four Candidate Countries (North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Moldova), the United Kingdom and Iceland, as well as 17 European-wide organisations representing the diversity of women and girls in Europe. Together with our members, the EWL campaigns for a feminist Europe, which promotes women’s rights and equality between women and men in the European Union in line with our organisational Strategic Framework “Women Changing Europe.”