EWL Members across Europe have been very active and vocal on the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on women and girls. On this page you can find our Members’ statements, communications, and resources on COVID-19, in different formats and languages. Please visit this page to find EWL’s Policy Brief on gender and COVID-19.
EWL’s National Coordinations
- Austria - Österreichischer Frauenring on the risks of increased domestic violence and links to helplines in Austria
- Czech Republic - Czech Women’s Lobby’s statement on their activities during the COVID-19 crisis in Czech and in English, and a letter on following WHO guidance on pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding in Czech here and in English here, as well as a statement on the gender dimension of COVID-19 in English here
- Denmark - Kvinderåd published a statement of support to all the women working in these days of the COVID-19 crisis
- Germany - Deutsche Frauenrat’s web page on COVID-19 and women, a statement on COVID-19and their communication on equal payday with links to the crisis
- France – La CLEF statement on COVID-19 and the right to abortion and contraception
- Hungary – statement from NANE, a member of the Hungarian Women’s Lobby, on the impact of confinement rules on women, including unequal sharing of household and childcare tasks and the increased threat of domestic violence
- Ireland – the National Women’s Council of Ireland’s page with a range of information and resources on women and COVID-19 including a guide to managing your mental health during the COVID-19 crisis, with useful support services on a range of issues
- Netherlands – Nederlandse Vrouwen Raad’s statement on COVID-19 with useful contacts
- Portugal - Plataforma Portuguesa para os Direitos das Mulheres’s statement onupholding women’s human rights during the pandemic and protecting women’s organisations, an article on how the full decriminalisation or legalisation of the system of prostitution leaves women and girls unprotected and a piece on COVID-19 and violence against women and girls.
- Romania – Romanian Women’s Lobby regular updates on COVID-19 and the impact on women and girls, their letter to Ministry of Labor, National Agency for Equal Opportunities, Romanian National Parliament with the EWL COVID-19 Policy Brief, and the Council of Europe declaration for states on violence against women translated in Romanian.
- UK – briefing on women and COVID-19 by Engender, the Scottish part of EWL ’s UK Joint Committee on Women, The Women’s Policy Group Northern Ireland’s paper on COVID-19 feminist recovery plan, plus a statement from UK national organisations delivering services on violence against women (several of these organisations are members of the EWL UK Joint Committee on Women)
European wide members organisations
- The European Disability Forum’s open letter on COVID-19 and disability rights and their resource page
- The European Network of Migrant Women’s article with a global feminist perspective on the pandemic and info sheets on taking care of yourself during the quarantine in various languages
- The European Trade Union Confederation’s declaration onprotecting workers during the COVID-crisis
- European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions’ various resources and statements from their trade union members across Europe
- Soroptimist International Europe’s poster on the need for victim support due to increased domestic violence and also produced a video for the Council of Europe about COVID-19
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) published a position paper on the safety of girls and young women during Covid-19
- Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom has several articles on COVID-19 on their COVID-19 special section here, and WILPF Germany has a statement in German and English on the gendered impact of covid 19.