On the 26th November in Malta, the Malta Confederation of Women’s Organisations (MCWO) organised a hugely successful seminar which was be held at Europa House in St Paul’s Street Valletta. The Event was be opened by the Minister for Social Dialogue, Consumer affairs and Civil Liberties and the Minister for the Family and Social Solidarity will do the closing address. Experts, representatives of civil society, practitioners and policy makers will participate in the seminar.
Rape & the Istanbul Convention – Presentation by Dr Marceline Naudi
Press Release (in Maltese).
- Malta Today: Malta still lacking rape crisis centre for women. Link.
- Times of Malta: Minister believes rape cases being under-reported in Malta - Structure to deal with them is lacking. Link.
- Times of Malta: Seminar hears harrowing accounts of abuse on women. Link.
- Inews Malta: " Stupru fiż-żwieġ… minn kastig sa swat ". Link.
- One news: interview to Marcellini Naudi: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=608241765896840
- One news (one of the NGO’s forming part of the coalition of organisations for the new Men against Violence): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=607811999273150
Press release by the Department of Information of Malta: “MALTA SE TIRRATIFIKA L-KONVENZJONI TA’ ISTANBUL”.
Article in the local paper where the Minister Helena Dalli wrote about Men against Violence and also mentioned the MCWO seminar and her participation.
More information at: http://www.mcwo.net/