Are you experienced with building the capacity of political actors? Are you experts on gender mainstreaming and have already developed and implemented a training on the topic? Do your previous projects show your commitment to intersectionality? Do you want to contribute to a project equipping EU political parties to adopt a gender sensitive approach in their programmes and political agendas? If yes, this opportunity is for you!
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest umbrella organisation of women’s associations in the European Union, gathering over 2000 women’s associations. The EWL has members in 26 EU Member States and three of the candidate countries as well as 17 large European-wide women’s organisations. The EWL campaigns for a feminist Europe, which promotes women’s rights and equality between women and men in the European Union in line with our organisational strategic framework “Women Changing Europe: Building a Feminist Vision for the Future of Europe Strategy 2022-2026”.
The EWL is looking for a team of 2 trainers to develop a training module to improve gender mainstreaming on the political agenda of the European Union.
As a feminist organisation, we are seeking to build a feminist Europe that represents Europe in all of its diversity. As such, people/women of colour and from ethnic minority groups, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQI+ community and people coming from marginalised groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Summary of main tasks
The trainers will be asked to design and carry out a training module to equip EU and national political parties to effectively include diverse women’s perspectives in decision and policymaking and to mainstream gender equality in their manifestos, political agendas and legislative work.
The training will primarily be delivered online but should also be adaptable to be used in-person. The training will be given to EU political parties and actors.
The training module will pay particular attention to intersectionality and accounting for women’s diversity.
The training module will align with the broader policy and advocacy work of the European Women’s Lobby, as well as with EWL’s Strategic Framework and upcoming 2024 EU elections manifesto. It will embody our values: equality between women and men, diversity, peace, dignity, justice and respect.
The full description of tasks, scope of work and deliverables is available here.
Essential skills and attributes
We are looking for a team of 2 trainers.
This team should have experience and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Deep knowledge of gender mainstreming in European policies;
- Solid experience in developing and implementing training for political actors and adopting engaging and interactive ways to do so;
- Ability to sythesise training content into more digestible products like a toolkit;
- Ability to produce reports that showcase results in an engaging way and within a deadline;
- Ability to work efficiently and respectfully within a multicultural environment;
- Experienced communicator, including in a digital environment;
- English; fluent – both oral and written;
- Flexibility and reactivity;
- Strong commitment to intersectional feminism and women’s rights;
- Deep respect for diversity, and demonstrated commitment to the promotion of a diverse and inclusive Europe.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application to the European Women’s Lobby via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a:
- copy of the CV of each team member – maximum 2 pages per CV;
- 2-page proposal for how this work will be carried out, including collaboration as a team and detailing the timing and the methodology (please specify the details of costs, especially between the conceptualisation of the training and the implementation of the training sessions);
- a sample of previous work for instance a previous training developed and implemented, a toolkit linked to this training etc. (for both members of the team).
Please include in the e-mail subject line:
“Application - External Consultant: Gender Mainstreaming Trainers - YOUR NAMES”.
Closing date for applications is 28 April 2023 at midnight CET.
Applications not respecting the instructions will not be considered.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held the week of 9 May 2023. Interviews through Skype are possible. The ideal team should be able to start as soon as possible.
Please find the full Call for Applications here.