Do you want to play the key role in resourcing the women’s movement in Europe? You might be the person we’re looking for!
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest umbrella organisation of women’s organisations in the European Union, gathering over 2000 women’s associations. We advocate for a feminist Europe, where all women and girls enjoy equal rights, protection and opportunities.
We are currently looking for two people to join our Programme Hub: a Programme Officer - EU and Institutional Fundraising and a Programme Coordinator responsible for private funders and coordination of budgets and activities. Both positions are based in Brussels with a possibility to work in a hybrid format.
The Programme Officer (PO) will be working to support the implementation and development of the EWL’s fundraising strategy, in particular in relation to the European Commission and the institutional fundraising in Europe. This role requires a well-organised and reliable person who will work towards the realisation of EWL’s strategic objectives specifically to:
- Support the implementation and development of EWL’s fundraising strategy;
- Manage relationships with the European Commission and other European institutions;
- Coordinate grant applications, monitoring and reporting of activities related to the EC funding programmes; and
- Support the Programme Coordinator and the work of the Secretariat.
You can find the role description here.
The Programme Coordinator (PC) will be responsible for the implementation of the Financial Resilience and Sustainability Plan of the organisation, including the coordination of EWL’s EC grant applications, institutional and private funding. This person will also act as the liaison with funders and monitor overall management of the project budgets in EWL, and more specifically:
- Oversee the fundraising work at EWL to ensure a coordinated strategy towards institutional and private funders;
- Coordinate the management of approved project budgets and ensure quality implementation of activities across the Secretariat;
- Develope strategies to campaign for the resourcing of women’s rights organisations across Europe;
- Represent EWL externally on the fundraising scene & sustain relationships with donors.
You can find the role description here.
How to apply
Please read the instructions and the role description, necessary skills, and attributes and conditions carefully before you apply. As we often receive a large number of applications, we will give priority to those who can demonstrate that they meet the criteria listed.
You are requested to submit to the European Women’s Lobby via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV - two pages maximum in PDF. Name your file as ’Last name_CV_PO’ or ’Last name_CV_PC’ depending on the position you are applying to.
- One page cover letter in PDF outlining your motivation and your experience relevant to the role. Name your file as ’Last name_cover letter_ PO’ or ’Last name_cover letter_ PC’ depending on the position you are applying to.
Please keep in mind that only applications transmitted via the correct procedure will be considered.
Closing date for applications is 25 August 2022 23:59 CET. However, we will be reviewing the applications on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the call once the position is filled.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held in the week of 29 August 2022. The second round interviews will be carried out in person – in case of need of travel, the EWL can reimburse up to 200€ on travel expenses.
The preferred starting date for both positions is September 2022.
As an inclusive feminist organisation, we are seeking to build an organisation that represents Europe in all of its diversity. We believe candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds bring real added value to our existing feminist culture. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and marginalised groups, sexualities or nationalities to apply: for example candidates from ethnic minority groups, people with disabilities, people with caring responsibilities etc.
You can find below the role description for the two open positions:
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is committed to fully comply with the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25 May 2018. We can confirm that the information you provide us in the application form is only intended to be used for the process of selecting candidates for the position advertised. We will keep your information safe and we will only share with the EWL staff and hired consultant who deals with the recruitment for this post. We will store your information electronically for a period of 12 weeks in a safe space, only accessible to the EWL staff involved in the recruitment. After 6 months time, all the information you provided us will be entirely discarded and no record will be kept. If you would like this information to be discarded before that date, you can simply email us at email@example.com and we will proceed with your request. If you are hired for the position, EWL will then store your CV and application form in your Human Resources files.