The International Federation of Women in Legal Careers, in French ’Fédération Internationale des Femmes des Carrières Juridiques’ (FIFCJ), is a Non Governmental Organization of women jurists founded in Paris in 1928 with the aim of fighting for the eradication of all forms of discrimination against women and promoting their Human Rights.
The FIFCJ aims:
- To promote and divulge the knowledge of the above mentioned fundamental principles.
- To encourage and help its members in their activities with the Parliaments, Governments or any other competent authority, as well as the public opinion, in order to get the above mentioned principles embodied in national legislation and applied at a practical level in the judicial system and in social administration.
- To assemble information about the juridical, social and economical status of women all over the world and to study laws affecting that status.
- To promote the establishment of bonds of friendship and unity between its members, as well as with other international jurists associations.
- To contribute to the promotion of Peace in the world, as an indispensable support to obtain an equal and conscientious progress of Humanity.