Malta Women’s Lobby (MWL)
The Malta Women’s Lobby (MWL) represents the concerns, needs and interests of women from all walks of life in Malta through dialogue and networking at a national, European and international level. The purpose of the MWL is to integrate and unify all national women’s NGOs and individual members in order to represent Malta at the European Women’s Lobby (EWL).
The objectives of the Malta Women’s Lobby are to:
- Act as a national forum where informed reflection and debate on women’s rights lead to concrete recommendations, conclusions and actions;
- Disseminate best practices in the field of women’s rights in order to guarantee equal opportunities;
- Contribute towards an improvement of the national policy and strategy vis-à-vis women’s issues;
- Improve the co-operation between policy makers, NGO’s and individual members working in the field of women’s issues
- Inform, link and raise awareness of women’s organisations on European issues;
- Work directly with European institutions to ensure that women’s needs and perspective become an equal and integral part of European policies;
- Keep MWL members updated on all national and EU directives, regulations and legislation regarding women’s issues and gender mainstreaming.
Tel: +356 99435761