The objectives of the Confederation are to:
- Act as a national forum where informed reflection and debate on women’s rights lead to concrete recommendations, conclusions and actions;
- Disseminate best practices in the field of women’s rights in order to guarantee equal opportunities;
- Contribute towards an improvement of the national policy and strategy vis-à-vis women’s issues;
- Improve the co-operation between policy makers, NGO’s and individual members working in the field of women’s issues
- Inform, link and raise awareness of women’s organisations on European issues;
- Work directly with European institutions to ensure that women’s needs and perspective become an equal and integral part of European policies;
- Keep MCWO members updated on all national and EU directives, regulations and legislation regarding women’s issues and gender mainstreaming.
The Malta Confederation of Women’s Organisations (MCWO) represents the concerns, needs and interests of women from all walks of life through dialogue and networking at a national, European and international level. The purpose of the Confederation is to integrate and unify all national women’s NGO’s and individual members in order to represent Malta at the European Women’s Lobby (EWL) in Brussels, of which it is a full member.
The MCWO through its member organisations represents over 24,000 Maltese women and is a full member of the European Women’s Lobby.
3c/o Keimar Bldgs, Level 4,
Giovanni Mamo Street,
Tel: +356 7959 2626