The European Women’s Lobby believes that sporting events cannot be used as excuses to tolerate prostitution and the demand for sexual exploitation.
Its action ’Be a aport. Keep it fair... Say NO to prostitution’ aims at raising awareness on prostitution at sporting events and offers a concrete opportunity to engage towards equality between women and men:
- By signing up to EWL pledge ’For a Europe free from prostitution’
- By send a picture of you holding EWL red card, we will post it here!
Find out more here about EWL action ’Be a Sport. Keep it Fair... Say NO to Prostitution’:
- Success of EWL visual event in the European Parliament on 30 May 2012
- EWL video clip ’Sport, Sex & Fun’
- EWL press release and press briefing on 30 May 2012
- Photos and statements of MEPs supporting the action
- Photos of individuals supporting EWL campaign
Finally, here is a very good research about the links between sport and violence against women in general, including prostitution: Violence against Women and Sport: A Literature Review, EVAW, 2011.