[Brussels , 13 June 2019] Until 8 July, the European Women’s Lobby (EWL) was looking for candidates to participate in a workshop on EWL’s young women’s engagement strategy taking place in Brussels from 8 to 11 November 2019.
The applications are now closed. Candidates will hear from EWL about their applications by 23 July 2019. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide feedback on applications to unsuccessful candidates.
Over the last four years, EWL has been hosting a yearly summer school for young women, the AGORA, gathering young feminists from across Europe to discuss and explore feminism together and learn from each other. After four editions of the AGORA and as EWL enters a new phase of its European-wide strategy, this year, instead of organising our annual young feminist summer school, EWL will be hosting a four-day workshop to reflect on EWL’s young women’s engagement strategy.
The workshop will gather 30 participants from across Europe for four days in Brussels, from 8 to 11 November 2019. The objectives of the workshop will be to review EWL’s engagement with young women so far and put forward suggestions for the ways in which the EWL can collectively and strategically work with and for young women, now and in the future. The goal will be to produce recommendations from the workshop’s participants to the EWL Board for EWL’s future strategic engagement with young women, that can feed into EWL’s new strategy and other levels of engagement.
For this workshop, we are looking for applications from women of different ages, backgrounds and experiences and with different affiliations to EWL member organisations. The selection of participants will be based on various categories of participants, linked to affiliation to EWL member organisations, experience of EWL’s AGORA and/or age. Please check the call for application for more details! In addition, the following criteria for participation are also important:
- Passionate and dedicated feminist
- Willingness to be part of shaping EWL’s young women’s engagement strategies with a diverse group of feminists
- Experience in activism related to feminism and women’s rights
- Interest or knowledge of intergenerational dialogue and/or youth engagement strategies
- Alignment to EWL’s values and mission
- Supportive of EWL’s work, strategy and positions
- Currently living in the European Union or EU Candidate countries (including the UK!)
- Good level of English
EWL will arrange and pay for travel and accommodation for all 30 participants for the four-day period. All interested candidates of all ages and backgrounds should read our full call for applications and then apply to participate in the workshop using the online application form. The deadline for applying is 8 July 2019 by midnight.
As an intersectional feminist organisation, we are committed to organising a workshop that reflects and includes experiences that represent Europe in all of its diversity. As such, women of colour and from ethnic minority groups, women with disabilities, from different socio-economic backgrounds, from a migrant background, from the LBTQ community and coming from marginalised groups are especially encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read the complete call for application (for more information about the workshop, application process and so forth): http://bit.ly/yw-workshop-call
- Apply to participate using the online application form: http://bit.ly/yw-workshop-appl
- DEADLINE for applications is 8 July 2019 by midnight
All successful candidates will be contacted by 23 July 2019. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide feedback on applications to unsuccessful candidates.
We look forward to receiving your applications!
Any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org