The European Disability Forum
The European Disability Forum (EDF) is an independent NGO that represents the interests of 80 million people with disabilities in Europe.
Promoting disability rights
EDF was created in 1996 by its member organisations to ensure that decisions at the European level concerning persons with disabilities are taken with and by persons with disabilities.
EDF’s values are built on the principles of the United Nations’ Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD):
- Respect for inherent dignity;
- Individual autonomy including the freedom to make one’s own choices;
- Full and effective participation and inclusion in society;
- Respect for difference and acceptance of persons with disabilities as part of human diversity and humanity;
- Equality of opportunity;
- Equality between men and women;
- Respect for the evolving capacities of children with disabilities and respect for the right of children with disabilities to preserve their identities.
Avenue des Arts, 7-8
1210 Bruxelles, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 282 46 00
- European Disability Forum campaigning for nothing about us without us